The Polytechnic Community is hereby informed of the Innovation Fellowship for Aspiring Inventors and Research (i-Fair) program, and to invite you all to consider this opportunity an avenue to showcase your talent beyond the shore of the nation. It is a program anchored by the Embassy of the State of Israel in Nigeria, in partnership with Skill-G Nigeria Ltd.., Gregory University Uturu, Abia State and DeNovo-Israel Ltd.
The i-Fair has been created to raise a generation of innovators, inventors, and researchers in Nigeria by offering them a platform to transform their brilliant ideas into innovative solutions and launch their entrepreneurial dreams in the following fields:
- Agriculture & Food Security
- Renewable Energy/Environmental Management
- Food Technology
- Medical Devices/Simulation
- Social Responsibility
It is also pertinent to mention that the program offers successful applicants the following benefits, free of charge:
- a unique platform to transform ideas into inventions and develop working prototypes;
- free access and membership to a modern innovation center where they can work on and develop their ideas;
- access to a special certificate-course and mentoring by accomplished inventors, innovators and researchers from Nigeria and the State of Israel;
- the opportunity to enter “Mass Challenge Israel, 2021”;
- the opportunity to pitch inventions and prototypes to investors for possible adoption, patronage and partnership;
- an all-expense paid visit to the State of Israel, for inventors with the best prototypes and a chance for Proof of Concepts (POC) collaboration opportunity with leading Israeli companies (TBD);
The program is opened to Nigerian citizens over the age of 21, with a minimum educational qualification of a Bachelor’s degree from any field, (preferably in the fields highlighted above), are encouraged to apply.
Applications are opened till Saturday, October 31st, 2020. Afterwards, a team of experts will review the applications and select the best 50-100 ideas. The successful applicants will attend a three-day course from December 1st-3rd. 2020 at the innovation Center in Abuja.
A team of expert from Israel and Nigeria will mentor/provide the successful applicants the tools necessary to develop their ideas into marketable products and prototypes. The grand finale where participants will make presentations of their prototypes to investors will be held between March 2nd-4th, 2021 at the Innovation Center in Abuja.
Please, note that you can get further information about the i-FAIR at www.ifair-israelnigeria.com and for the submission of an application, you can visit: https://www.ifair-israelnigeria.com/form-app/form.php.
It is hoped that the contents of this circular would be brought to the notice of all members of staff promptly.
Dr. Olatunji T. Arowolo
Director, Research Innovation & Development