B.SC (HONS), M.SC, PH.D
Dr. Nurudeen Oluremi OLALEYE was born on the 14th February 1971 in Mushin, Lagos.
He attended Ifako International School, Agege, Lagos State, between 1979 – 1981 for his First School Leaving Certificate. He also, attended Community Grammar School, Akowonjo, Lagos State between 1981 – 1986 for West Africa School Certificate Examination (Ordinary Level) and proceeded to Federal Government College, Odogbolu, between 1987 – 1988 where he obtained his West Africa School Certificate Examination (Advanced Level).
In his quest for knowledge, Dr. Olaleye enrolled at the University of Lagos Computer Centre in 1991 and obtained a Diploma in Data Processing in 1992. He gained admission into the University of Lagos, Akoka in 1989 and graduated in 1994 with a B.Sc (Hon) in Microbiology. He proceeded for a Master of Science degree in Microbiology at the same University and graduated in 1997.
He later proceeded to the Loughborough University, United Kingdom and was awarded Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) in Water Engineering in 2017.
Prior to his engagement into the service of the Polytechnic, Dr. Olaleye worked as a Quality Control Manager at Alateco Foods Limited, Alimosho, between 1995- 1999.
Dr. Olaleye joined the services of the Lagos State Polytechnic, on 7th November 2000 as a Lecturer II and rose through the ranks to the position of Chief Lecturer on 3rd February 2017
He has held various positions of responsibility in the Polytechnic and among which are:
- Head of Department, Biological Science, LASPOTECH 2017 till date;
- Head of Department, Science Laboratory Technology, LASPOTECH (Jan. 2016 – 2017);
- Assistant Director, School of Part-Time Studies, Regular (2011 – 2013);
- Head of Department, Food Technology Department, LASPOTECH (2010 – 2011);
- SIWES Coordinator, Food Technology Department, LASPOTECH (2005 – 2009);
- Part-Time Coordinator, Food Technology Department, LASPOTECH (2007 – 2009);
- Acting Head of Department, Food Technology Department, LASPOTECH (May – Aug. 2005);
- Chairman Industrial Linkages Committee, School of Technology, LASPOTECH Ikorodu (2005 – 2006);
- Executive Director, Human Rights Education and Development Initiatives, NGO (Voluntary Service) – 2002 till Date.
- Coordinator, Youth Network for Good Governance NGO (Voluntary Service) 2005 till Date.
He is a Member of Various Professional Bodies among which are:
- Member, Society for Applied Microbiology, United Kingdom;
- Member, Informational Water Association (IWA), United Kingdom;
- Member, Nigeria Institute of Food Science and Technology;
- Member, Biotechnology Society of Nigeria;
- Member, Society for Interdisciplinary Research;
- Member, Association of Industrial Microbiologists of Nigeria;
- Member, Foresight Network International;
- African Association of Entrepreneur, Nigeria.
Service to the State:
- Member, Lagos State Gubernatorial Advisory Committee (2011 – 2015)
- Member, Lagos State Participatory Project on Voter Education (Nov. 2010)
- Member, Lagos State Electoral Reforms Committee (2007 – 2010)
Dr. Nurudeen Oluremi Olaleye is a teacher and author with several academic publications to his name. He is a shrewd and resourceful academician with numerous publications and journals to his credit. Among these are:
- Microbes and Industrial Process (2010)
- Basic Microbiology: A Food Perspective (2007)
- Microbiological Safety Assessment of Selected Smoked Fish in Lagos Metropolis – British Microbiology Research Journal 9(3)
- Microbiological Risk Assessment of groundwater sources in Ikorodu – a peri-urban Lagos Settlement Journal of Environmental Science and Water Resources 4(4): 112 – 116
- In-Vitro Cytotoxicity Activities of Essential Oils of Eucalyptus tomeliana (2005)
- Effects of some post-harvest treatment on the Chemical composition of African eggplant (Solanum Microconpon) LASPOTECH Journal of Technology.
Dr. Olaleye being well-travelled and recognized locally also has international recognition having delivered several papers at many International Conferences, among which are:
- Perception and Reality: an Integrated and Systematic study of Microbiology Risk to Ground Water in Makoko slum, Lagos Lagoon, presented at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, North Carolina, United States of America;
- Incidence of Pathogens in Biofilms of containers of commercially Distributed Drinking water in Makoko slum Area, presented at the 5th Congress of European Microbiological Societies (FEMS) in Leipzig, Germany;
- Health Impact Assessment of Leachate Filtrates from Oke-Afa Dumpsite on underground water sources, presented at International Water Association, Water Safety Conference Kampala, Uganda;
- Water and Sanitation: Status of Families in Ikorodu: A peri-urban Lagos settlement delivered at the 35th Water Engineering and Development Centre (WEDC) Conference Loughborough University, United Kingdom;
- Microbial Growth on Diesel oil in a polluted Tropical Soil, Proceedings of the 103rd Conference of American Society of Microbiology, Washington, United States of America.
He is happily married with children.